Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hello Boardgamers!

Given that this is the first post, the blog itself is going to be a little on the ugly side until I settle in. The Catan background, for instance, is something I've borrowed. Once I get a little more gaming in, I'll put something a little better suited together.

The reach on this blog is pretty broad, so don't expect the same depth that you might get from Bols, Boardgamegeek, Kotaku or any of the myriad of gaming subreddits. What I will do, though, is try a bunch of different games. Something in the vein of Watch It Played!, or Tabletop, but a little more budget friendly, and a little more diverse (say, Ticket to Ride one week, and Mordheim or DnD the next).

Where possible, I'll also try to avoid game-specific jargon, or at least explain it, so as to make reading a little easier on first-time players (the intended audience of these posts). Also, just given the sheer variety of games I'm invested in, don't expect any larger games. People looking for Warhammer 40k Apocalypse writeups should probably seek elsewhere.

Having just played a game of cribbage last night, I think I'll start there. Tomorrow, I've lined up a 15 point game of Warmachine with a buddy. I'll do a writeup of that sometime tomorrow evening. If there are any questions or requests, please feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment